Remove this ad

Sleeping Apples

Lead

Nov 12 16 4:54 AM

Tags : :

So, i made a video parody about shills, based on thepaulstalservice shills videos. After my video was up i send a private message to all 4 shills that i put in the video. After 2 hours i got a comment from "howiseetheworld" (the fake eyepatch guy), at that time the video got only 26 views, it is impossible he saw it in the youtube homepage or search, he must be warned by the others. Funny stuff
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

thepaulstalserviceforums

#1 [url]

Dec 10 16 12:52 PM

Sleeping Apples wrote:

So, i made a video parody about shills, based on thepaulstalservice shills videos. After my video was up i send a private message to all 4 shills that i put in the video. After 2 hours i got a comment from "howiseetheworld" (the fake eyepatch guy), at that time the video got only 26 views, it is impossible he saw it in the youtube homepage or search, he must be warned by the others. Funny stuff

After I upload a video.. it seems like nobody except a certain group of shills are "cleared" to watch it.   I get very weird comments left (if any now) and the viewcounts are much lower than they used to be.

I feel like things are getting "sidewebbed" where parts of the internet, coments, videos and uploads are withheld from a majority of the internet now, and bots, shills, and algorithms are making fake comments and votes to a great extent.

I'll check out the video.. you can post videos on here if you want.

Quote    Reply   

psmith85

#2 [url]

Dec 10 16 2:25 PM

I'd say there's a way to tell (which would be to try it from an unrelated computer/MAC and IP address and see if it comes up, but it might even be where if you search for it specifically (or if are subscribed to it) it will come up, but it will be bumped down in search results if you search for something else and above all never recommended to you if you are viewing other related content (we already know Youtube only recommends shill channels). There are probably algorithms that separate the shills and 'the choir' from outsiders and keep outsiders from being exposed it. It's a hard thought to stomach but I also wouldn't rule out that the view counts and likes themselves are being fudged.

Maybe it's my imagination, but I've noticed a very odd trend in the last couple years, where seemingly marginal content (in terms of views), your videos probably being the best example, is having a great impact on the media, establishment and alternative alike. To the point where the mainstream media is reacting to and mentioning things they really shouldn't have to be based on the apparent view count and reach of the material. Maybe it's because other videomakers watch channels like yours for ideas (well we know that happens since many just rip it off directly) and the content echos out that way, or maybe because more people are seeing them than you think. I suspect it's a combination of the two.

Quote    Reply   

Sleeping Apples

#3 [url]

Dec 12 16 3:04 AM

Youtube push entertainment videos, we know that. The majority of people is interested in pranks and fake scare gameplay. Plus that, youtube have "security" system on views and likes (to prevent people to monetize bought views) that block views and likes for a limited period of time (hours or days) while the count is being checked for fraud.
Anyone can buy views, like or dislike or comments for a few $, there is lot of website for that.
Shills channel and trolls do the rest.

I did not experienced anything like that, but my view count is insignificant. In my opinion there is no one keeping this kind of videos low, it is the entire system itself.

Quote    Reply   

psmith85

#4 [url]

Dec 13 16 9:26 AM

Personally I disagree that Youtube is only for fun and games; it's the primary news source for many people. I think it really comes down to this: when it comes to news and 'event analysis', Youtube only recommends controlled/shill channels. If you get sucked in to mainly watching a shill, as I did for a couple years with Alex Jones and his associates, you're by and large only going to be exposed to other shills. So it can take time to get exposure to genuine channels, if it ever happens. I think the mistake being made here is to assume the best of Google and Youtube when they have repeatedly proven themselves to be the worst: while they like Facebook are an easy and seemingly convenient place to post content, they like Facebook are controlled propaganda sources and part of the establishment, ultimately one and the same with the NSA and intelligence community i.e. 'media-intel-banking complex' i.e. shadow government. (They're far more objective on non-controversial content, which gives the false impression of universal objectivity). To say the least I think it's inadvisable to count on them to allow, let alone promote, the broad dissemination of content that they may perceive to be directly against their interests.

The only solution that does not involve putting all the control in the hands of the people you are speaking out against is to A) directly advertise content to viewers outside of controlled channels like Facebook, Google, and Youtube (i.e. on non/less-controlled search engines and social media platforms, or via word of mouth, flyers, bumper stickers, or other forms of street advertising (though even then they could just de-list/take down the video, shut down the channel, insert a 'glitch' into the link, audio/video playback, etc.) and/or B) host content independently, or on non/less-controlled platforms. Anything else and you risk being vulnerable to open/shadow censorship and blind to the number of actual views and reach of the content you are putting out. That's not to say the content shouldn't also be posted on controlled platforms like Facebook and Youtube (where the opportunity can be taken to promote the alternative/independent platform that is also hosting the content), just that one shouldn't count on non-censorship when doing so.

Last Edited By: psmith85 Dec 13 16 8:20 PM. Edited 8 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Sleeping Apples

#5 [url]

Dec 14 16 10:31 AM

I think you didn't take a look at statistics....yes youtube is used as source of information, by a small part of the masses, gangnam style is the most viewed of all time. Music make numbers on youtube, than all the other is entertainment of different kind.

Quote    Reply   

psmith85

#6 [url]

Dec 14 16 8:45 PM

Yeah I know it's a small part of the overall traffic, but Youtube gets almost 30 billion video views per month. Even if only 5% of them are news-related or otherwise serious content, that is comparable to the entire news media combined (at least in the West), which is somewhere in the single digit billions per month. Maybe not as much as all of them, but in the neighborhood.

Last Edited By: psmith85 Dec 14 16 8:47 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

thepaulstalserviceforums

#7 [url]

Dec 16 16 1:15 PM

psmith85 wrote:
I'd say there's a way to tell (which would be to try it from an unrelated computer/MAC and IP address and see if it comes up, but it might even be where if you search for it specifically (or if are subscribed to it) it will come up, but it will be bumped down in search results if you search for something else and above all never recommended to you if you are viewing other related content (we already know Youtube only recommends shill channels). There are probably algorithms that separate the shills and 'the choir' from outsiders and keep outsiders from being exposed it. It's a hard thought to stomach but I also wouldn't rule out that the view counts and likes themselves are being fudged.

Maybe it's my imagination, but I've noticed a very odd trend in the last couple years, where seemingly marginal content (in terms of views), your videos probably being the best example, is having a great impact on the media, establishment and alternative alike. To the point where the mainstream media is reacting to and mentioning things they really shouldn't have to be based on the apparent view count and reach of the material. Maybe it's because other videomakers watch channels like yours for ideas (well we know that happens since many just rip it off directly) and the content echos out that way, or maybe because more people are seeing them than you think. I suspect it's a combination of the two.

Speaking of shills getting their channels promoted - Noticed "Lift the Veil" is up to 14,000 subs!   I've been stuck at around 6K for a year now?  (of course, did have 8k before they shut the channel down 2 years ago)..  Some channels just find it "easier" to gain subs than others it appears..  Likely "friendly" channels like you mention Psmith.  I've seen enough sketchy crap surrounding YouTube fudging everything from vote counts to viewcounts that the subscriber count would be no surprise.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help