Remove this ad

Is The Matrix and concept of 'life as simulation' a Satanic ruse to undermine faith and religion/spirituality?

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

psmith85

Lead

Dec 10 16 8:29 AM

Tags : :

I try not to get into the religious and theological side of things since everybody has their own approach to it and I don't believe organized/institutional religion is necessary to have a relationship with God. But for the sake of argument let's operate on the following assumptions:

A) The universe (and mankind) was created by a benevolent Creator
B) The universe is not inherently evil
C) Humans were created in the image and likeness of the Creator
D) There is a metaphysical, sub-Creator evil being that resents Creator for being less than Him and seeks to harm Creation as revenge, especially mankind since they were created in the image and likeness of Creator, unlike the sub-Creator being.

This set of conditions with slight modifications characterizes most world religions, including the three Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam), Sikhism, African religions, American Indian religions, and many others.

Now think of ways that the evil being might seek to harm mankind and pull the wool over its eyes, from 'basic' to more advanced:

A) By convincing mankind they are not created in the image and likeness of Creator/God, and therefore not accountable to reaching for higher callings and states of being, e.g. love, kindness, honesty, goodwill
B) By convincing mankind that Creator does not exist and that the universe is malevolent, and that Creator is merely a figment of mankind's imagination
C) By convincing mankind that the universe itself, let alone its creator, is not real and life as we know it is nothing but a simulation

Think about the third. Consider how this has been a recurring theme, not just in The Matrix but something that has been echoed by a lot of 'thinkers' in the power structure who associate themselves with symbols of Satanism.

If you believe life is a simulation, are you more likely to try to live a good life and aspire to your potential and repent when you don't, or to consider life meaningless and something to be abused and thrown away, and act wrongly without repentance? Are you likely to pray and seek a relationship with God if you believe you are in a computer simulation?

I believe this theme is going to become more recurrent in the coming years. Here are some recent examples/proponents:
Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Elon Musk
Scientific American
Daily Mail
Wachowski brothers (directors/producers of The Matrix), who are now transgenders

Dozens upon dozens of recent stories from major news outlets have promoted this idea and will be posted below.

There was another story recently about how NASA or another space agency had sent a radio signal that terminated or bent at some point, suggesting that there are strict limits to the universe and that this indicated that the signal was reaching the end or bounds of a simulation.

Here's an article with a philosophical counter to Musk and Wachowski's simulation thesis:

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/we-dont-live-in-a-simulation

Yes, maybe this concept is just Sci-Fi musing, but I think there's something more behind it given the heavy promotion by the media and compromised intellectual figures. It's also a major and growing theme in the ShillSphere that lately comprises much of Youtube conspiracy-related content, e.g. New-Agey Mandela Effect (which holds that reality/history are manipulated after the fact) videos, talk of 'Matrix,' Red Pill, etc. 

Last Edited By: psmith85 Dec 10 16 9:06 AM. Edited 8 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

thepaulstalserviceforums

#1 [url]

Dec 10 16 12:06 PM

Interesting Post!

Yeah, I was going to mention the Elon Musk.. I think there is some evidence to suggest we might be part of a larger "simulation".. It might have to do with a lot of people taking drugs such as DMT and Salvia Divinorum, which cause people to experience what is "another dimension" experience.

Perhaps it is the popularity of these types of drugs in recent times which has caused more people to question the fabric of reality.

Also, so much weird shit going on recently and lack of trust in general in the government leads to a more introspective state in most people, which could perhaps lead to that particular line of thinking.

Regarding the Wachowskis - Both creators of the Matrix getting gender-reasignment surgery is a topic in its own right.

Quote    Reply   

psmith85

#2 [url]

Dec 10 16 1:02 PM

I personally believe there are some kinds of other dimensions, i.e. 'the spirit world,' energy fields and even beings we may not be aware of by our five senses, different ways of perceiving time, space, color, etc., but here I'm speaking more on the lines of the actual plot of The Matrix, where machines, humans, or beings otherwise existing in this dimension have computer-generated our consciousness in the form of a software simulation, where there is a world, but our world would not be the real thing. As far as psychedelic drugs from what I've seen natural entheogens have been associated with reports of profound, sometimes divine experiences while artificial/synthetic ones seem to result more in hoopty-doopty 'duuuude' experiences, and in some cases dark personality pivots/behavior. To me the 'simulation' idea is something that is conceivable but I don't believe it's true. If one were to believe it I think they'd be depriving themselves of a sense of meaning and 'spirituality' for lack of a better term. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but if I'm not I think that might be why it's being pushed. To separate people from that aspect of existence and push them towards transhumanism, pharmaceutical psychotropics, virtual reality, robot sex, etc.

Another angle of this is 'mind uploading,' where transhumanists pretend that the self and consciousness is nothing more than computer data that can be backed up, uploaded into new bodies/brains, etc. It's inconceivable how none of the people who believe in and hope for these things understand that if a 'backup' of one's mentality and memories were uploaded into a cyborg or clone, all that you would have is a new being or robot highly similar to you. But it wouldn't be you anymore.

Last Edited By: psmith85 Dec 13 16 7:20 PM. Edited 6 times.

Quote    Reply   

psmith85

#4 [url]

Dec 10 16 1:52 PM

I'd rather not get too into it on the forum, but I went to a religion-affiliated school growing up, went to church fairly regularly w family. Today I don't really follow all the details/prescriptions of my religion, but do believe in God and think the teachings of Jesus Christ are a good way to live one's life. But I think there are things of value in most religions, not just Christianity, and I think they pretty much all of them have a lot in common with each other. And I think in spite of the ills organized religions have brought on the world and ways they have become corrupted, they're a net good and maybe necessity for humanity.

Last Edited By: psmith85 Dec 10 16 2:37 PM. Edited 7 times.

Quote    Reply   

psmith85

#6 [url]

Dec 13 16 7:04 PM

Odd response pattern. Almost like you didn't even read the initial post, then go right to calling me a moron? Well, I'm not a snarky Bill Maher atheist, but I'm not a Bible fundamentalist either. I don't mean we need the Vatican, mega churches, or mass fundraising, but some people need theological structure, the guidance of a priest/minister/shaman, and a venue to practice their faith, and want to do so with others in their community. Others don't need that and can 'go direct.' Others don't feel a connection (for the moment at least) and think all of this including the Beginning is just an accident. Now to me, that is moronic. As far as their benefit to humanity, churches can add fabric and togetherness to a community, organize charitable giving for the most needy, and in some cases provide a fallback legal and social structure, reducing reliance on the state. They also help some people live better lives and be more accountable to their actions. More than all this though, it's about there being some truth to the statement, 'when people stop believing in God, they'll believe in anything.' Instead they'll worship science, the government, themselves, their work, money, fame, physical fitness, or whatever the latest fad is, a la the Nietzschean 'last man.' This is why I believe the establishment is behind atheism, so they can have mankind reject God and worship a scientific dictatorship. But for people who think they have it all figured out and have all the answers to questions around life and the universe, I wish them the best, and hope they can become less arrogant and more mature in the future.

Last Edited By: psmith85 Dec 14 16 9:02 PM. Edited 8 times.

Quote    Reply   

thepaulstalserviceforums

#7 [url]

Dec 16 16 1:17 PM

psmith85 wrote:
Odd response pattern. Almost like you didn't even read the initial post, then go right to calling me a moron? Well, I'm not a snarky Bill Maher atheist, but I'm not a Bible fundamentalist either. I don't mean we need the Vatican, mega churches, or mass fundraising, but some people need theological structure, the guidance of a priest/minister/shaman, and a venue to practice their faith, and want to do so with others in their community. Others don't need that and can 'go direct.' Others don't feel a connection (for the moment at least) and think all of this including the Beginning is just an accident. Now to me, that is moronic. As far as their benefit to humanity, churches can add fabric and togetherness to a community, organize charitable giving for the most needy, and in some cases provide a fallback legal and social structure, reducing reliance on the state. They also help some people live better lives and be more accountable to their actions. More than all this though, it's about there being some truth to the statement, 'when people stop believing in God, they'll believe in anything.' Instead they'll worship science, the government, themselves, their work, money, fame, physical fitness, or whatever the latest fad is, a la the Nietzschean 'last man.' This is why I believe the establishment is behind atheism, so they can have mankind reject God and worship a scientific dictatorship. But for people who think they have it all figured out and have all the answers to questions around life and the universe, I wish them the best, and hope they can become less arrogant and more mature in the future.

I didn't type Moron, I type Mormon.

I was making a joke about you being an ex-Mormon, and really feel like I didn't type Moron.

Quote    Reply   

thepaulstalserviceforums

#8 [url]

Dec 16 16 1:40 PM

I definitely do not think you're a moron Psmith, I think you're a very smart dude.. I suspect you have a previous connection to a "sketchy" religion (aren't they all?) in the past (maybe Mormon) I am probably wrong, but that was my impression. Sorry, definitely didn't mean to piss you off, and that was an accident.

Last Edited By: thepaulstalserviceforums Dec 16 16 10:00 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

psmith85

#9 [url]

Dec 20 16 6:05 PM

No I really don't (not Mormon either). It's very mainstream, though as with most/all religions some outsiders find aspects of it strange. Growing up in a highly diverse area and having travelled a lot I've been friends or acquaintances with people of pretty much all religions (except Scientology or cults; as far as I know), so I have some insight into them and have some idea of the basic theology and rules of each. Studying/reading on other religions has always been an interest.

Quote    Reply   

psmith85

#10 [url]

Dec 31 16 11:50 AM

Here is an example of a high-sub disinfo channel bringing all these themes together, along with the DMT connection:

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help